Skip to content
- Fabric softener: adding ½ cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle will soften clothes. For pillows and blankets, add two cups to the rinse cycle to keep them fluffy.
- Lint and pet hair prevention: adding ½ cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle will prevent lint build up on clothing and reduce the amount of pet hair left clinging after the wash.
- Static cling: add ½ cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle to keep clothes static-free.
- Hand wash: If you have trouble giving delicate items a thorough rinse when you wash them by hand, add one to two tablespoons of vinegar to the rinse water help dissolve detergent residue.
- Stain removal: diluted vinegar can be used on most machine-washable fabrics to remove stains. See our “Stain Removal” section for information on specific stains.
- Color refresher: Soak faded clothes in a solution of one cup vinegar per one gallon warm water. Rinse in cold water and see the difference.